Parked van under I-15 overpass investigated in SLC ‘suspicious situation’
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department wrapped up an investigation Monday evening of what it called “a suspicious situation” surrounding a van parked under the Interstate 15 overpass on 200 South.
Police closed off several streets in the area for two hours while the department’s SWAT team and Hazardous Devices Unit investigated.
The Utah Highway Patrol and the Utah Transit Authority also helped with the investigation. Salt Lake police said a “caller told SLC911 that the van had ‘wires’ coming out of it.”
Officers shut down a “significant number of streets” while they investigated. The release said officers took a person into custody as part of the investigation and the person was cooperative.
By 5 p.m. the bomb unit determined that there was no threat to the public and officers released the person in their custody. Police then reopened the affected streets.
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 8681)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 7040)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6841)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 4986)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3519)
- Utah woman accused of killing daughter was making plans to flee country, prosecutors say (pageviews: 2803)