Man dies after 30-foot fall in Neffs Canyon
UPDATE: Unified Police identified the 22-year-old as Kurt Lawson, of Seekonk, Massachusetts. They give their condolences to his family and friends.
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A 22-year-old man has died after falling in Neffs Canyon.
Detective Arlan Bennett with the Unified Police Department said search and rescue crews and a medical helicopter were dispatched to the area Monday afternoon after receiving reports of the fall.
Bennett said the victim suffered serious head injuries in the fall. Emergency crews attempted lifesaving efforts but the man, whose name was not released, later died from his injuries.
UPD is investigating the fall but Bennett said it appears to be accidental.
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 8681)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 7040)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6841)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 4986)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3519)
- Utah woman accused of killing daughter was making plans to flee country, prosecutors say (pageviews: 2803)