Nadine Wimmer currently co-anchors KSL News at 6pm, 6:30pm and 10pm. She is also an Emmy award-winning reporter who covers education and leads the station’s literacy initiative “Read Today.”
Nadine moved up the ranks in the KSL 5 newsroom as weekend anchor, political reporter, general assignment reporter, and producer. She was born and raised in Salt Lake City and began her broadcasting career at KSL Television as a University of Utah intern.
Education has always been important to Nadine. She earned her Master’s degree in political communication and bachelor’s degree in communication from the University of Utah. She attended a fellows program on education and journalism through the University of Washington.
Because of her commitment to education, she is excited about her involvement in the Read Today, KSL’s high impact reading program. Read Today aims to Educate, Motivate and Celebrate reading accomplishments and encourage families to read together.
Nadine won a regional Emmy award last year for her coverage of the Utah Teacher’s shortage. Read Today won the Emmy Service to America Award for contributions to literacy in Utah.
In her free time, she loves the outdoors and outdoor recreating in Utah’s mountains and red rock country. She is often trail running, mountain biking, hiking, Alpine skiing and skate skiing. She’s an avid reader and studies Spanish.
Her favorite thing is to spend time with family. She’s married to Phil Kirk, who works in law enforcement. They live with their two boys in Park City.
Facebook: Nadine Wimmer
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19585)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7351)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3910)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 3896)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3711)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3500)
- World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead (pageviews: 3004)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 2940)
- Utah placed limits on police use of spy tech; Do they go far enough? (pageviews: 2592)