Jed Boal joined the KSL News Specialists as a reporter in 1999.
Jed has a Bachelor of Arts in English and History, and a Masters in Journalism from the University of Michigan. He started his journalism career in Florence, Alabama, and has also reported and anchored in Georgia and Michigan. While working in Columbus, Georgia, Jed reported from Somalia in 1993 as soldiers from Ft. Benning worked to help repair the country’s shattered roads and water systems.
At KSL, Jed covers everything from Utah troops and public safety issues, to severe weather and anything that gets him up in the mountains. Jed has been awarded for his reporting by the Utah Broadcasters Association, the Society for Professional Journalists, and news associations in Michigan and Georgia.
Jed likes to backpack and ski in the mountains of northern Utah and hike the canyons of the Colorado Plateau. He marvels in the natural beauty of the state and enjoys the cultural offerings of the Wasatch Front, like the Utah Symphony, the Utah Jazz, and great restaurants.
Facebook: Jed Boal
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19585)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7351)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3910)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 3896)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3711)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3500)
- World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead (pageviews: 3004)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 2940)
- Utah placed limits on police use of spy tech; Do they go far enough? (pageviews: 2592)