Ladd joined KSL 5 TV in 2016 as a political correspondent. He graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in broadcast journalism and then spent the next five years in Missouri where he worked as an anchor and newsroom manager at the CBS affiliate KRCG. Ladd has also worked as a bureau chief in Southern Utah and as an advertising executive.
Growing up as the middle child in an almost-baseball-team family of eight boys, Ladd knows all too well that every story has multiple sides. It’s that “stuck in the middle” position that makes him love journalism. Ladd is an Emmy-award winning journalist who has also been honored by the Associated Press, the Utah Broadcasters’ Association, and the Missouri Broadcasters’ Association for his work in breaking news anchoring, investigative reporting and feature reporting.
He and his wife, Annie, have five children and are excited to be living back along the Wasatch Front and closer to family.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19585)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7351)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3910)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 3896)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3711)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3500)
- World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead (pageviews: 3004)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 2940)
- Utah placed limits on police use of spy tech; Do they go far enough? (pageviews: 2592)